Farm Made Raspberry Jam
Mouth watering, real fruit raspberry jam made on our farm in small batches. Delicious on sour dough toast.
Sugar, Raspberries (40%)
- A delicious spread on your morning toast
- Works well with fresh scones and cream
- The perfect filling for a sponge cake
Raspberry Jam Sponge Cake
Time: 1 hour
- 225g butter, softened
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Fresh raspberries
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 400mL double cream
- 3 tablespoon Green Olive at Red Hill Raspberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line the bases of 2 round baking tins (20cm) with non-stick baking paper and grease the sides. Beat together the butter, lemon zest and sugar until creamy.
- Crack an egg into the mixture and beat until combined. Repeat with the remaining three eggs. Add 2 tablespoons of flour with the last egg to prevent curdling.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and fold gently until combined. Divide the mixture between the 2 tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove the cakes from the tin and leave the to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together the lemon juice and sifted icing sugar. Poke holes in the cakes using a skewer and then drizzle the icing over the cakes.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add the raspberry jam and mix until it is swirled throughout the cream. Spread the cream mixture between the two cakes. Dust the top with icing sugar and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Recipe modified from Delicious Magazine's raspberry and lemon sponge cake.
Our Raspberry Jam is made using fresh raspberries