Farm Made Red Onion Marmalade
Caramelised to perfection this onion marmalade is delicious with slow roasted lamb or a mature cheddar. Made on our farm in small batches.
Onions (65%), Sugar, Vinegar, Olive Oil, Wine, Herbs and Spices
- Perfect with chicken liver parfait
- A delicious addition to a steak sandwich
- Pairs well with blue cheese
- Adds a sweetness to classic toasted cheese sandwich
- Creates the perfect marinade for chicken
- Magnificent with a rack of lamb
Slow-Grilled Rack of Lamb with Red Onion Marmalade
Yield: 8 pieces
Time: 1 hour
- 2 racks of lamb
- 1 tablespoon Green Olive at Red Hill Herb Salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Green Olive at Red Hill Red Onion Marmalade
- Preheat a cast iron griddle pan. Remove the chine bones and excess fat from the lamb racks and then rub the Herb Salt, Dijon mustard, parsley and black pepper into the meaty side.
- Sear the racks of lamb in the pan, meaty side down for about 6 minutes. Lean the racks against each other and let the bottoms cook for about 3 minutes. Cover the griddle and leave to cook for about 20 minutes, or until the centre of the meat is 55ºC (medium rare). Transfer to a chopping board and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Carve the lamb racks into chops. Serve with Green Olive at Red Hill Red Onion Marmalade.
Recipe adapted from Food & Wine’s Slow-Grilled Rack of Lamb with Mustard and Herbs